How to choose your headshot photographer
Choosing a headshot photographer is not an easy decision to make. Read my blog: Best Headshot Photographer.
Your goal is to be portrayed at your best.
Here are some adjectives that should describe your headshot: professional, confident, knowledgeable, approachable and energetic.
Casual female headshot for About Us page
Questions you should ask your headshot photographer.
- How long have you been a headshot photographer?
- Is this a career change for you? What did you do before?
- How did you decide to become a headshot photographer?
- How did you build your portrait photography experience?
- Do you have retouching experience?
- Does your price include any headshots?
- How long is your headshot session?
- Do you have any clothing suggestions?
- Do I have a choice of backgrounds?
- When I will receive my finished photos?
Company website headshot
Make An Appointment
Here is what you should consider before you make an appointment.
- Are you satisfied with the photographer’s experience in professional headshot photography?
- When looking at her/his portfolio, are the subjects natural looking or forced.
- How rich is their portfolio?
- Will the photographer be using you to build his/her portfolio?
- Does the quality of the headshots justify the price you will pay.
- Can I have an input on the amount of retouching done on my headshot?
- Can I watch you retouch my headshots?
- Read their reviews and client comments.
- If you are pleased with the answers you received then proceed to make your appointment.
I believe everyone deserves a great headshot, that is why on my websites I advertise “Quality At A Reasonable Price”. Whether you are an executive, a CEO or someone just starting your career, you should always have the opportunity to have a great headshot.
I have been servicing the photography needs of my corporate and professional clients for over 27 years in Palo Alto and the San Francisco Bay Area.
My clients have the advantage of my experience throughout the process of creating a fantastic headshot for them. I guide them through the photoshoot, I help them choose their favorite photos and personally retouch every headshot with them present so that I have their input as to how much or how little work they would like done.
Silicon Valley startup headshots
The Best Headshot Photographer
As many business owners do, I look at websites both locally and throughout the nation to see what other professional photographers post. Mainly to improve my photography skills and marketing of my business.
In recent years we have seen many new photographers come and go in our area hoping to make a name for themselves. I look at their websites, at the quality of their work, pricing, and the description of their photography work. My advice to these new photographers from someone who has not only worked in this community but also lives here is not to underestimate your clients and throw promises at them, unless you can deliver and exceed what you promise.
Work hard to become the Best Headshot Photographer.
Experienced Headshot Photographer
All these years I described my photography experience in a humble way. Just recently, after 27 years, I mentioned in an ad that I am the Most Experienced Photographer in Palo Alto, I think I earned this title, my experience and the quality of my work proves it.